Thank you for visiting Confident Parenting!
Let’s be real – parenting is THE hardest job you’ll ever have. And we don’t even get instructions or the benefit of a village of support.
When my son was born in 2010, I thought I was all set. With all of my training and experience, surely I would nail this Mom thing without the typical “new parent” challenges. Not so. We struggled through 8 weeks of excruciating nursing pain, 4 months of extreme fussiness, and over a year of no sleep.
At the one year mark, my son was waking every 45 minutes and staying awake for up to 2 hours each time. Then repeating the process. All. Night. Long. I reached a breaking point and slipped into postpartum depression. It was difficult, but we eventually tackled our sleep challenges, and I learned 3 very important lessons:
- No matter who you are and what you know, you can’t ever truly be prepared for the demands of parenting.
- When you’re exhausted, it’s tough to sort through all of your knowledge and experience and apply it to your own situation.
- The key to a great night’s sleep, every night, is having the right education and support along the way.
There is no “one size fits all” solution. The best plan is the one you can follow through on.
I will work closely with you to create a step-by-step personalized plan that suits your parenting style and your child’s personality. And I will walk you through implementing the plan via phone, email, and even in-the-moment text support. As challenges and setbacks arise, we will sort them out together.
I have supported hundreds of families in the greater Philadelphia area and internationally, improving their quality of sleep.
- Early Childhood Education degree
- Postpartum Certified Doula – Doulas of North America (DONA)
- Certified Lactation Counselor – Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage – International Association of Infant Massage
- Certified Educator – The Happiest Baby on the Block
- Completed 55-hour course with Kim West, aka The Sleep Lady, with case supervision through her Gentle Sleep Coach program
- Certified Maternity and Child Sleep Professional – International Maternity & Parenting Institute
- Certified Babywearing Consultant – Center for Babywearing Studies
Please contact me today to learn how you can help your child, and yourself, enjoy more restful sleep.